Monday, October 15, 2007

Plans pushed back by a week


Well just as I got off work today I got a call from my egg donation coordinator. They cancelled my appointment for tomorrow. (The one that I lost about a weeks worth of sleep over)
And they made me the same appointment for next week.
Something like the projected transfer week of November 19 works better for the donor.

Well I guess one week does not make much of a difference. I guess I keep forgetting that my eggs actually come from a real person that has a real life that she is putting on hold just like me
and just for me and the other recipient.

I guess that makes me really selfish.....cause this is like the first time that I didn't just think about what all this waiting does to me........wow what must all this do the a person giving her eggs away outta the kindness of her heart to help me and another woman to have what we so badly desire. Yes she does get paid but I do not think that there is many women that can do that JUST for the money. I mean come on she would have to think for the rest of her life that there is two half-of-her-babies out there that she will never get to see.

Wow I must say if I would have perfect eggs I am not sure if I could do that although now I am depending on it....I don't know if that makes me a coward or selfish. But I think I would be very emotional about giving pieces of me away.


But then I guess before I was in this situation I had never even heard about egg donation.

Now that I know how many woman have similar problems I would probably feel different about donating...if I could.


Well here goes another week of sleepless nights in anticipation.


oh and BIG THANKS to my donor ...whoever she is...she is my HERO.

No comments: