Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Donors see egg donation like giving blood??!??

Today I told my psychologist that this week for the first time I seemed to have been thinking about my egg donor and how she takes time out of her life to give me some eggs.
And I told her how I was thinking the other day how hard that must be and how if that was me that I do not think I could do that and if I did I would think about a part of me being out there for the rest of my life.
Well I was speechless and almost shocked to hear that from her experience counseling and evaluating egg donors that they kinda see it as giving blood and have no real feelings or regrets or anything about it.

WOW WOW and WOW

I was speechless....
She sad a lot of donors already have kids which makes it easier or they work in the medical field and see it as just a donation with no attachment....like I said like giving blood.

She told me most people wouldn't think about it and ponder like I do...she said I would be the worst candidate to give eggs away.

Wow I am still in awe.....baffled.

I guess I would have never guessed that people have no attachment to their eggs.
Remarkable.

I am gonna have to think about this for a few days for sure.

No comments: