Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hi!

My blog name is Savannah. I am on a journey to have what comes so easily to most people or so it seems. I just want to have a child. I used to think that I have all the time in the world. So I dated of and on trying to find prince charming. My Gynecologist always told me that I am so perfectly fine and my body is ready. Until I found out last year that I am in the early stages of menopause and that my own eggs cannot produce a child. So I was angry, pissed and you name it. So I went to a Fertility clinic and was introduced to the option of egg donation. It so freaked me out for at least the first to months that I would have a child by donated eggs from some woman and sperm from some guy. But given that this is my only chance I started the process.
They sent me to a Therapist to see if I am emotionally stable for this journey. She found me sane enough to do this. But after loosing two donors already I was beginning to think maybe I am not meant to have children. Although I don't believe that.
Now in about two weeks I am starting the process and I felt I have not slept in days. I am scared. Not sure why? I hate owing money and I am scared of needles.
But I am trying to be strong.
Tuesday all my medications will get here in the mail and I will know it is for real.
I have tried to find support groups but am not crazy about any of them on the net.
I am hoping writing stuff down like I did in my journal when I was a teenager will help

No comments: